Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, January 18, 2015

The New Kid on the Block

It's 9:21 on a Tuesday. It's literacy time, and I am: running a small reading group, tying a shoe, settling a conflict between two students that both want the same colored pencil, and trying to find another kiddo who is responsible enough to set our class time timer without pulling it off the wall. I've been at work since 6:17AM, answered 7 parent emails, reorganized my classroom leveled-library with a new color coding system, and slurped down some sort of green juice for breakfast before my students even came in the door. Sound familiar? You must be a teacher, too. 

Anyone who has spent time in a classroom knows the constant mayhem that ensues. Equal parts chaos, comedy, and beauty, we all know there's never a dull moment. So why write this blog? Each evening I find myself reflecting on the madness and magic of a day in the classroom. Sometimes through laughter (and sometimes through tears) it seems I can never quite stop thinking about teaching my amazing group of first graders. And if you're like any of the other incredible teachers I know, I imagine it's the same for you. On this blog, I hope to share thoughts, stories, ideas, and inspiration from the trenches, and join the amazing community of teacher bloggers out there. I can't wait to get started!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the community :) It's the best place to vent, relate, & celebrate! Ps. ADORABLE blog design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! I'm already feeling so welcomed and supported, teachers really are the greatest people in the world :) I love your blog as well! I was lucky enough to work with Lauren at Teach Pray Love Designs. She's the best!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog name and design! I'm a new kid on the block, too, and can't wait to get my blog redesign ready! I'll be following you! That sounds creepy stalkerish, but you know what I mean.-Stephanie
    Applelight Moments By Stephanie

    ReplyDelete