Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Oh SNOW!

Well, February is sure off with a white, powdery bang here in Boston. For the second week in a row, we have had TWO snow days! While I'm sure I'll regret these immensely around say, June 28th, the me of now is PUMPED to have all this extra time to blog, plan, organize, and clean. Nothing gets me amped up like unexpected free time and the opportunity to cross items off my to-do list. Some people smoke. Some people do yoga. I find catharsis in organizing, making lists, color coding, reorganizing, cleaning, and planning.

This is the first time in a long time I remember being wide awake at 10:45PM 11:30PM on a Monday (Full Disclosure: I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch, hands suspended over my key board) so I'm celebrating my trying out my first linky! Thanks to the wonderful Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for getting me going!

February Currently - here I come:


{Listening}
I love me some Taylor Swift, and right now I just can't get enough of 1989. I love playing music in my classroom and we just can't help but belt it out when Tay comes on. Bring on the impromptu dance parties. Because everyone knows first graders have the absolute best dance moves!

{Loving}
I am not a gym goer.  I just can't seem to keep my motivation up when it's me vs. the elliptical. But throw me in a group fitness class, and I can't get enough. Enter: ClassPass. Costs the same as a gym membership, but allows you to take AMAZING classes all over the city! In a month I've done spinning, yoga, reformer pilates, barre, and more! AND it's designed so you can plan out your fitness for the whole week! (Did I mention I love planning?)   :)



{Thinking}
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE a good snow day (see above). But gosh darn, these four days are really throwing a wrench into my carefully laid plans. My kiddos have been working on their amazing penguin research projects in preparation for our penguin-themed family breakfast on Friday! We'll all be wearing our black and white (and maybe a beak or two!) and I just hope we can get these finished in time....math and literacy aren't important, right? 



{Wanting}

THIS!


Hubby and I are headed to Greece in August and I can't wait! 

{Needing}
Another snow day means I am FINALLY getting a handle on Valentine's Day. No ifs, ands, or buts about it! I'm not a huge fan of grown-up V-Day, but I love watching my kiddos celebrate with each other. So I better hop to it!

{Pageant Title}
At this point, it's safe to assume you realize I am slightly neurotic around organization. 'A place for everything and everything in it's place' should probably be inked on my bicep. Color coding is really just the icing on the cake. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so envious you're heading to Greece! Also envious of the snow! Normally we have been slammed by now in central VA, but this year, it's all going north - send some down! LOL I enjoyed reading through your blog and found you via Farley/Currently. Stop by mine sometime!

    ~Chrissy
    What Does the Fox Read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissy!
      I would LOVE to send some snow down to you - anymore up here and we'll all be living in igloos! :) Thanks for stopping by - heading over to your blog now. Can't wait to check it out!
      - Nicole

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I can't believe you're going to Greece! It looks so beautiful. Have fun! Also, my kiddos at school are so envious of your snow days! In Hawaii, we only get flood days or hurricane days, so we never really wish for either of those haha. I'm getting that OCD organization gene from my co-teacher and it's making my classroom (and work bins) look amazing, while slightly driving me and my students crazy. Love your blog! Found it through this month's Currently post :)

    Pili
    Glitter and Gradebooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pili!
      Thank you! We are so jealous of your warm sun in Hawaii! Your blog is absolutely adorable and I love your February Currently (2000s pop? Yes, please!). Thanks for stopping by!
      - Nicole

      Delete
  3. So jealous of you going to Greece. It will be a wonderful honeymoon. So beautiful! I love the class pass idea. I live in a really rural area so we don't have that around here, darn it! Sounds like just what I need to get my rear in gear....lol. I too am a bit obsessed with organization. The quote you shared I probably say on a weekly basis to my kiddos. The color coding is pretty much a given I think. Our school secretary ordered me some bins. When they came in they were cobolt blue and kelly green, not my colors. I have turquoise and lime green in my room. Our janitor brought the box in to me and says, "Mrs. D there is a problem. These do not go in your room." She know me so well. Obviously better than our secretary. Have a great week and enjoy your snow days!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Thanks for stopping by! I can't WAIT for Greece! Especially as I sit surrounded by 7 foot snowbanks. :) That story about your secretary is GREAT! I totally feel your pain! #thestruggleisreal Hope you are enjoying your week!

      Nicole

      Delete