Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Scoop

I just love Sundays, don't you? Sundays for me usually go one of two ways: a non-stop sprint to get everything on my to-do list complete OR a marathon of binge TV watching. While I really just want to spend the day on the couch with the Underwoods, it's time to buckle down and get things done. So I'm linking up with The Teaching Trio to map out my day with a little Sunday Scoop!




Three Things I HAVE To Do:

1. Clean: As my blog name indicates, I'm slightly intensely neurotic. I can't sit still when my house feels dirty. As Hubby loves to point out to me, it never actually is dirty, but if it hasn't been cleaned in a few days, well it just FEELS dirty to me.  So the first thing I need to do is pop on some T. Swift, break out my color-coded-by-room cleaning supplies* and get going. 

(*Yes, I realize this may or may not be normal)

2. Is there any better feeling than an empty laundry basket? There isn't for me either. 

3. I love the families I'm working with this year. They are the most supportive, kind, and thoughtful group of parents I have ever had.  So truthfully, I don't mind being in constant contact with many of my students' families. In fact, I look forward to connecting with all of them! But it is certainly one more thing on my to-do list. 

Two Things I Hope To Do:

1. I have approximately 23 projects in the works for TPT. When I started this whole blogging adventure, I figured I would give TPT a whirl as well. All I have to say is, my admiration couldn't be higher for all y'all out there that can throw together these amazing products in what seems like minutes. It takes me.....


So I'm hoping to get in some post-cleaning time to, maybe, possibly, HOPEFULLY finish something! I'll probably start my 24th project instead. 

2. I'm setting my goals high today. Cleaning, TPT'ing, and blogging. Sometimes I convince myself there are more than 24 hours in the day. And that I can stay awake past 9PM to get all these things done. 

One Thing I'm Happy To Do:

1. Relax. I take time for myself every day. And I never apologize for it. Usually this just means taking a bath or watching Jeopardy (knowledge is power, right?), but it always means doing something for me. I quickly learned in my first year of teaching that when I don't get to relax, I am not a pleasant person to be around. So today I'm going to visit one of my teaching besties and her beautiful, adorable newborn baby and amazing pup! Babies AND puppies? I think we can all agree there's nothing better. 

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm amazed too at how quickly people crank out TpT products. Especially those that teach and blog regularly on top of it! Sometimes I'm so tired just from teaching that I can't even think long enough to type a word on the screen. I hope you did some relaxing today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with so many things in your post! I am quite the neat freak myself and even though my hubby and I live in an apartment, our loving pup Roger seems to make this place feel dirty right after I've cleaned this small space! My swiffer is always out and Roger loves to chase it! I think it's great that you have so many TpT products in the works! I can't focus on more than one at a time and they seem to take me for-ev-er! Love the Sandlot reference btw! Hope you're having a great start to your week!

    Jayme
    Teach Talk Inspire

    ReplyDelete